Thursday

New Years

I hope this is the year for better things to come for everyone!

I want to get more jewelry finished, and enjoy life more. Its sunny out here in Central New York, but only 5 degrees! Guess I'll be staying inside!

Had company, family for dinner. Lobster....yumm.

I made an "apple Koukan" for dessert. Not sure how to spell, but here is the recipe..very easy and good. I know, this blog is supposed to be about jewelry, but am going off on tangents!

Cake:
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbs. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg (farm fresh of course)
1/2 cup more or less milk, I like the batter on the liquidy side, not stiff.
1.5 cups flour
1.5 tsp. baking powder
sliced apples enough to fill pan (9 x 13)

Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
cinnamon to taste. I like a lot, so its nice & brown on top.

Mix butter, egg, sugar & vanilla till blended. Mix in flour, baking powder, milk.
Mixture should be like that of a thickish pancake batter.

Put in greased dish, I use pam. Arrange sliced apples close, actually touching, until pan is full.
It looks nice to make a pattern.

Mix cinnamon and other 1/2 cup sugar together and sprinkle on top. You can also put dabs of butter on top to make it richer!

Bake in 350 degree F oven, for about 40 minutes or until firm.

The dough will rise up between the slices of apple. This is great served warm with either vanilla ice cream on top or whipped cream.

It only takes about 10 minutes to make. Simple and delicious. Recipe from my Grandmother.
Its a takeoff on a german apple strudle, I think. Bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment